I know – they’re supposed to be neutral. Right down the middle. Let others battle over things, we take a neutral approach.
Not, however, when the subject is mammograms.
In the recent May 22nd issue of the New England Journal of Medicine, the Swiss step squarely into the “no” category when it comes to the use of mammograms. Their concern roots itself in the review of the literature and studies surrounding the procedure. It seems that there is a gap in the perception and the reality of the effectiveness of mammograms. So much so that they felt compelled to strongly recommend that women stop getting mammograms. Immediately. Right now. Pronto.
The interesting part? The reaction of the larger medical community. The two concerns: 1) It goes against what we thought we knew. 2) Women are going to be upset with the news.
This is the pushback?
1) We might need to grow as a result of this information – change our ways. That can’t be good!
2) Women will get angry. Maybe they need to get angry if they endured a test with little use. Not telling them, however, seems a bigger risk. That anger multiplies the longer they aren’t told. Somehow this feels like a no-brainer.
Watch/listen to our podcast and let us know what you think. Leave a comment. Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
To Your Health!
Latest posts by Organic MD (see all)
- Have Acid Reflux? Try Not Adding Dementia Too. - Wednesday 17th
- Gratitude Might Be A New Defense Against Heart Disease. - Tuesday 24th
- Out Darn Toxins! Out With You! New Report Says Your Health is In Danger - Friday 30th