Great! You learn by doing as they say.
Alright – let’s get started.
Ingredients (remember that your choice of greens may vary depending what is available)
(Will make about 2 – 16oz servings depending on size of blender.)
1 cup – Organic Vegetable Broth
3 Tablespoons Flax Seed Oil
1/2 cup Parsley
1/2 cup Spinach
1/2 cup Zuccinni (cut into small pieces – blender will do most of the work)
1/2 cup Snap Peas (may want to remove any “string”)
1/2 cup Alphalfa Sprouts
Half an avocado (remember to leave the seed in the other half if storing. Will help with it going brown)
1/2 cup cooked Collard Greens (you can also add any juice from the cooking if any remains)
6 tablespoons Hemp Seeds (for protein)
1 Tablespoon Flax Meal (we like Bob’s Red Mill brand)
1 Tablespoon powdered minerals ( we like MezoTrace brand)
2 Gel caps – Jarrow Dophilus (this is the brand we recommend)
2 Gel Caps – Stem Enhance (again a recommended brand)
1 cup filtered water (use more if needed)
Agave Syrup (as needed)
1) Cook the Collard Greens. You can use the same vegetable broth to lightly soften the greens. They will shrink in size and look softer. This helps release some of the good stuff. Keep the juice that is left as it can be added to the smoothie.
2) Add the broth and the vegetables to the blender. Also add the cooked greens.
3) Add the Hemp Seed, Flax Meal, Flax Oil, the minerals, the Stem Enhance and the Jarrow Dophilus.
4) Add the filtered water. You may adjust this depending on if you have enough fluid int he blender. This depends on the size of the blender but in general you want to have the blender about 2/3 full with liquid. Less will make it thicker, more will make it more runny. You will find the balance over time.
5) Blend everything together for about a minute (make sure to put the cover on!) Blend until smooth and you can see that the particles in the blender are tiny and small enough.
6) Add Agave Syrup to taste if needed. A little can go a long way here, so be sparing.
7) Pour in a glass and drink up. Will make about two 16oz glasses worth.
Enjoy! – Let us know how it tastes. To Your Health!