Watched the video on our You Tube channel for our tasty smoothie?
Now get the recipe! (Modified Spring, 2015)
(Remember that you can adjust the types of fruit you use for this smoothie depending on what is available to you at your local store. Be creative in your choices, and choose fruits that are not high in sugar)
What you’ll need: (this is good for two 16oz. servings)
1) 1/2 cup – Cranberry Juice – unsweetened. 100%.
2) 2 cups frozen berries (We like a mix of blackberries, raspberries and blueberries. One cup of this mix contains about 8gm of sugar.)
3) 2 Tablespoons Flax Seed Meal (we like Bob’s Red Mill brand)
4) 2 Tablespoons Chia Seed
4) 6 tablespoons Hemp Protein
5) 1/3 to 1/2 cup Walnuts (to your liking)
6) 3 Tablespoons Flax Oil
7) (optional) 1 teaspoon minerals (we recommend MezoTrace brand)
8) (optional) 4 capsules Stem Enhance (2 for each serving
9) 2 capsules Jarrow-Dophilus
10) 1 cup filtered water (more or less, depending on the consistency you like)
11) (optional) 2 scoops Glutathene (Lifestar Nutrition brand) (remember this is added last after initial blend)
12) (optional) 5 or 6 drops of pure Stevia if you want a bit more sweetness
13) (optional) There may be other supplements you normally take with breakfast that could be added to the smoothie.
1) In a blender add the cranberry juice and the flax, chia and hemp seeds. Let these soak a few minutes.
2) Add Walnuts, Flax Oil, Minerals, Jarrow-Dophilus, Stem Enhance frozen fruit and the filtered water.
3) Add sweetener as needed. (Usually it will not be needed. We usually like to taste first before adding additional sweetener)
4) Blend these ingredients on a high setting of the blender. Blend until smooth and the color looks consistent. Usually this takes about 20 seconds depending on your blender.
5) Once blended, add in the Glutathene. (make sure to turn off blender first!). Then blend for a short time on the lowest setting just to get the powder stirred into the smoothie.
6) Turn off blender. Pour and enjoy.
Thanks. Let us know what blends you like and tastes that work for you.
To Your Health!!
Latest posts by Carlyle Coash (see all)
- With Suicide Rates Increasing, Awareness Is Needed - Sunday 24th
- Lose Some Weight. Lose Your Diabetes. Lose it For Good. - Saturday 9th
- The New Dietary Guidelines: Here’s The Science You Didn’t See - Tuesday 12th